Saturday, January 29, 2011

Egyptian Protests



I had dealt with a bunch of stuff at my apartment that needed to be attended to and caught wind of the Egyptian protests in Cairo late via twitter. Late last night I sent the image above to the Times as a proposal image for a Op-Ed that would match it, and I looked at the Times website this morning and saw my friend Edel beat me to it. Next time I suppose, but I digress.

Mubarak has been in power for over 30 years and isn't yielding/listening to his peoples demands for change. In the image I wanted an show Mubarak's back facing us with a clenched authoritarian fist against as protesters start to burn down the city. I wanted to show that Mubarak not only doesn't care about what his people think, but also that he isn't going to deal with opposition lightly either.

No comments: