Monday, August 30, 2010

Special Delivery



If you haven't seen the animated web banner I did recently for Capital New York, you should go check it out.

I was asked by Art Director, Tom McGeveran, to produce a web banner that illustrates Obama getting an advance copy of Jonathan Franzen's new book, while going on vacation. The image is a play off of the book cover itself. Obama getting the book from the very bird on the cover. For the final I gave him a still version and I bit the bullet and sent over an animated gif version to see what he thought and he went for it!!!

In the end, I learned a good bit about doing web banners. What to do, what not to do. I actually drew Obama full scale for how this image was originally supposed to be drawn.

Big thanks to Tom for contacting me to do this awesome piece.

No comments: