Sunday, November 14, 2010

Giant Robot LA | Post-it Note 6 show

I am very excited and humbled to be invited into the Giant Robot LA | Post It Note 6 show, curated by Mark Todd and Esther Pearl Watson.

For the post it notes I am submitting, I thought I would take random images from my sketch book and killed sketches to be made into painted images. Some pieces are deep, meaningful and have a back story, while others I made because I thought they would make a cool images with loose interpretations.

The Opening will be at Giant Robot in Los Angeles, CA on December 11th. Huge thanks to Mark and Esther for inviting me to be part of the show.




"Focus" - 4x4 Acrylic, Blue Lead Pencil and Ink on a gessoed post it note




"About the other night" - 4x4 Acrylic and Ink on a gessoed post it note




"Foresight" - 4x4 Acrylic and Ink on a gessoed post it note




"Midnight Oil" - 4x4 Acrylic and Ink on a gessoed post it note




"Fall Reading" - 4x4 Acrylic and Ink on a gessoed post it note

1 comment:

Victo Ngai said...

Congraz Danile! I am really digging the first one!