Wednesday, June 2, 2010

This Friday

Photo from phrequency



I was graciously asked by my good friend Brad Haubrich to be part of a group show at the newly renamed TRUST gallery, located at 204 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA. The show consists of a lot of fresh talent, a couple Ohgers, and a few pretty established folk (Jude Buffum, Mark Price, and Nose Go to name a few).
The theme of the show was "America". I was told it could be about anything about America, and that it was pretty loose to how I could interpret it. I struggled with this because I didn't want to make something serious, political or economical. I had so many ideas that were political/economical, but wanted to keep it laid back.



I apologize for the bad photograph. I was in a rush from Manhattan to Philadelphia yesterday and didn't light these right. I wanted to get into hand painted lettering, and did so referencing sayings that are common in America. I lettered these in a way that was inspired by folk art and old signage which I think it pretty cool.



The piece above is 18"x24". I struggled for a while trying to come up with what image would work. The best thing I could think of was to paint an image representing the pursuit of happiness. What can be better than a guy restringing his guitar with rays of the sun?
If you want to come out and see these pieces in person, purchase one of these pieces, or see all the other works at the show...

Trust Gallery - June 4th @ 6pm
204 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA.
Email for inq. - made.in.america.show@gmail.com

No comments: