Saturday, April 17, 2010

You should go to the Ely


clean studio set up at SVA MFA

It has been almost a year since I graduated from the University of the Arts in Philadelphia, and alot of my friends there are now seniors. As I scroll through my facebook and twitter feed, alot of them are getting really excited for the departments big event. The William H. Ely Exhibit!

The exhibition is of 4 pieces of art, per student, in a series for a specific target market. This is the first time students had to research a market head first, and make a series of works for their "dream client". Everything from posters for the Philadelphia Zoo, Editorial illustrations, interactive book jackets, and so on were made.

If your an Art Director in or just happened to be be in Philadelphia, you should go to this event at Hamilton Hall on the Corner of Broad and Pine street, Center City. I sadly, will not be attending. I had planned on going but grad school/pro-illo work has been kicking at my heels, keeping me from going down to the City of Brotherly Love.

So Please, Go support the future of illustration tomorrow from 3pm-5pm.

No comments: